Dissecting Insurance Sales with Charles Specht
Share this episode on:
In today's episode of Agents Influence, host Jason Cass interviews Charles Specht, President and CEO of Permission Group Inc., Author, Sales Trainer, Consultant, and Keynote Speaker. Charles talks about pre-qualifying accounts, he addresses the various opinions about broker record letters, the quality of submissions, and tips on closing insurance sales.
- Is Charles Specht an iPhone or Android user?
- Does Charles Specht love to win or hate to lose?
- Has Charles Specht grown the most from skill or luck?
- Charles Specht introduces himself and shares his background.
- What is Charles’ response to agents that look down upon getting business through broker record letters?
- How does Charles Specht feel about pre-qualifying accounts?
- Charles talks about the percentages of insurance buyers who are willing to change agents.
- Why do half of broker record letters fail?
- The quality of the submission is crucial for agents to get trained on.
- Agents need to be transparent with clients.
3 Key Points:
- Charles Specht teaches agents how to not to play the ‘quoting game’ and get business through broker record letters.
- If an agent has done what they are supposed to do, once they get to the point of showing their proposal it should be good to go.
- Out of insurance buyers, 15% are always going to stay with their current insurance agents, 15% are unhappy and want to make a switch, and 70% are on a spectrum in the middle.
- “95-90% of my work now is done exclusively with insurance agents, vast majority of those are going to be independent agents where I work with them on, for the most part, prospecting, marketing and how to close the sale.” – Charles Specht
- “At least in commercial insurance...92% is the industry statistics that who the incumbent agent is, is going to retain the business, because they have access to everything.” – Charles Specht
- “I have nothing wrong with quoting, so long as we really are focused on getting what we want out of this process with the insured.” – Charles Specht
- Agency Intelligence
- Reach out to Jason Cass
- Charles Specht: Linkedin Twitter