Insurance, Data Ethics, and Friendly Canadians
Share this episode on:
In today's episode of Agents Influence podcast, host Jason Cass interviews Peter Tessier, Host and Producer of The Insurance Podcast.com, Speaker, and Insurance Consultant from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. As two insurance experts with their own insurance industry podcasts, Peter from Canada, and Jason from the United States, they have an insightful discussion about how insurance differs on each side of their North American borders, the potential impact of artificial intelligence and data collection, as well as talks about the PRIZM5 app, TheLeadFeed.ai website, and what a Mobile Ad Identification Number (MAID) is and does.
- Is Peter an iPhone or Android user and what is the last app he downloaded?
- Does Peter love to win or hate to lose?
- What has played the bigger role in Peter’s career, skill or luck?
- Peter takes us from his early upbringing up to his insurance career.
- Peter explains differences between Canada and the United States.
- Isn’t insurance about the relationship you build with your clients?
- What is TheLeadFeed.ai and Mobile Ad Identification Number (MAID)?
- What is public-protected space and what is private-protected space?
- What are the two sports that really pioneered the use of data?
- Jason and Peter have a discussion about the ethics surrounding data and artificial intelligence.
- Who should have access to our data?
- What are the problems with the way insurance data drives insurance rates?
- PRIZM5 is an app for segmentation data.
3 Key Points:
- Jason’s 5 Truths of Insurance are: Flexible Schedule, Financial Freedom, Community Leader/Contributor, Empire Builder, and Mentorship.
- 85% of Canada’s population lives within 100 miles of the United States/Canadian border and the population of Canada equals the state of California.
- Are we solving problems so fast with technology and innovation that we are creating new problems?
- “Isn't insurance so much about the relationships that you build with your clients? Because we aren’t giving them a product. Well yes we are, but not a physical one. We are giving them a guarantee.” – Peter Tessier
- “Data is about making better decisions. It is about taking the emotions out so that you can say to a customer with emotions and convince them that this is the better solution for you rather than the one you think you need.” – Peter Tessier
- “Just because we can have data, who owns it and who has the right to use it?” – Pete Tessier
- Agency Intelligence
- Reach out to Jason Cass
- Peter Tessier: Linkedin
- The Insurance Podcast: theinsurancepodcast.com