Month of the Mom – Olivia Schmitt & Emotional Intelligence
Share this episode on:
In today´s episode of Agency Intelligence, host Jason Cass interviews past guest Olivia Schmitt, Select Business Unit Manager at TRICOR Insurance in Dubuque, Iowa. Olivia shares how she balances her life as a mother with her insurance career, the importance of schedule flexibility, and how emotional intelligence is impacting leadership roles.
- Olivia is still an iPhone user and loves to win.
- Has Olivia’s life been directed by skill or luck?
- Olivia discusses her relationship with her children.
- What does Olivia do at TRICOR Insurance?
- How do the quotes gets handled in her department?
- How does the role of a mother overlap Olivia’s career in the insurance industry?
- Is there schedule flexibility at Olivia’s agency?
- What is Olivia’s opinion on special parental roles that differ between moms and dads?
- Jason and Olivia talk about gender equality and emotional intelligence.
- What is something, regarding business, that Olivia has learned between her first and third children?
- It takes a village to raise children.
- Olivia and Jason discuss their respect for Erin Nutting.
3 Key Points:
- Make sure all of the parts of your life are working together in harmony.
- Emotional intelligence is becoming a driving factor in the evolution of leadership.
- Take the maximum amount of maternity leave that is allowed to you and enjoy naptime and rest when you only have one child. You don’t get those first newborn days back when you have more children.
- “Luck is when preparation meets opportunity.” – Jason Cass
- “I manage a team of 8 and we take care of the small commercial accounts for the agency.” – Olivia Schmitt
- “Communicate with your boss about what it is that you need going forward. Your life is going to change as a mom.” – Olivia Schmitt