When Should We Retire in This Great Insurance Industry?
Share this episode on:
In today’s episode of Agency Intelligence, host Jason Cass interviews Miles Merwin, Founder and President of Advisors Insurance Agency. Jason and Miles talk about preparing for retirement within insurance and what that means for each person.
- Introduction to guest Miles Merwin
- What retirement looks like for everyone, especially agency owners
- Why you should make a path in your company for those who want to own their own company
- Changing the language of insurance to asking questions and having a more profound conversation
- Why aren’t insurance agencies asking questions about preparing their customers for retirement
- How do we get to 98% retention for the clients we want
- How to take your book of business to the next level
- It means more when clients don’t have to initiate the interactions because the agent does.
3 Key Points:
- Retirement looks different for everyone.
- Retirement does not mean that your agency goes away. It will be passed on in some form or fashion.
- Miles talks about how he strategizes his growth by focusing on his employees.
– “I don’t want to work until I’m 65 like my parents did. I also have people who depend on me.” – Miles Merwin
– “You don’t have to go to work. You go because you want to.” – Miles Merwin
– “What you are doing now is going to benefit someone in 30, 40, 50 years.” – Jason Cass